- Line management of three other vets & reporting to the Senior Practice Director
- Great supportive team
- Loyal & compliant client base
Ready to take the next step forward in your career? We have an exciting opportunity for a Head Veterinarian to join our team. You have great clinical skills in surgery and medicine, and ideally you have prior management experience. We are a two branch practice based in West Sussex with easy access to London, Gatwick and Brighton.
At Ark Veterinary Group we have a range of facilities and equipment which is maintained to a high standard to ensure that we are able to provide the best possible care. We encourage our staff to develop their skills and we take care to provide them with the support they need. Our branches are situated in easily accessible sites in Burgess Hill and Hassocks.
We have a great supportive team at the group, with a Head nurse managing a team of RVN’, SVN’s and patient care assistants. You will also work closely with the Senior Practice Director and Practice Administrator. Our practice boasts a loyal client base, with a high proportion of clients on our Healthy Pet Club.
About this role
This is primarily a clinical role leading the clinical team with the Head Nurse on a day to day basis. This role includes administration work as part of management of the Vet’s team including rotas, and time will be allocated for this accordingly.
We are seeking someone with great clinical skills in surgery and medicine, ideally with prior management experience. This role would involve direct line managing of three other vets and would report to the Senior Practice Director. Our candidate would be looking to take the next step forward in their career to help grow our clinical side, and support the management team with clinical governance and working towards our PSS assessment and further awards.
Burgess Hill is one of the fastest growing towns in West Sussex, with a population fast approaching 30,000 people. The large range of shops in the town and the excellent Triangle Leisure Centre mean that Burgess Hill is well suited to individuals, couples and families alike. And Brighton is half an hour away by car and London City less than ninety minutes by train.
Our rota comprises of no OOH work, and Saturdays on rota. In return we can offer excellent work life balance, including part time or flexible work if needed, as well as:
- Competitive salary dependant on your experience
- Bonus scheme
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Buy/Sell holiday scheme – purchase another 2 weeks of annual leave
- Generously encouraged and fully funded CPD – abundant opportunities within the business aided by internal and external development courses and programmes
- Access to our ShareSave scheme – giving you the opportunity to purchase shares in our business
- Industry leading maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Pension scheme – automatic enrolment and completely hassle free
- Colleague discount on pet products and treatments including free consults, cost price drugs and a discount to our online pharmacy, Animed.
- A range of other benefits such as Cycle to Work, Gymflex, Perkbox and more.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in the UK and throughout England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.