- Exotic opportunity for Veterinary Nurses in Hong Kong
- An ideal opportunity to work with highly experienced and exotic-certified veterinary specialists
- Experience in exotics is advantageous but not essential
Are you looking for a new challenge in Nursing and a lower tax rate? We are looking for experienced, passionate and motivated Veterinary Nurses to come and work day-shift in a 24 hour Small Animal and Exotic hospital here in Hong Kong.
We see a wide range of species within our hospital; these include dogs, cats, rabbits, terrapins, tortoises, birds, chinchillas, guinea pigs, lizards and even the odd goat or pig.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, fun and have a positive personality. It is an ideal opportunity to work with highly experienced and Exotic-certified veterinary specialists. Our facilities include:
- Dedicated wards: cats, dogs, small mammals (cold ward) and exotics (hot ward), ICU (separate exotic and cat/dog areas) and isolation kennels.
- Advanced diagnostic imaging including on-site CT.
- Numerous flexible and rigid endoscopes used for: cat and dog standard endoscopy, laparoscopic surgeries, rodent dentals, chelonian cystoscopy and cloacoscopy and avian endoscopy.
- We run EzyVet and SmartFlow an integrated management system for all our patients.
Please take a look at our website for more information on our fantastic facilities.
Been going here for 8+ years, great team and facilities, they treat customers really well, honestly couldn’t ask for more. Thanks for everything. – James Labrum (Google Review)
About this role
We are looking for a Senior Nurse to manage our veterinary nursing team and an additional qualified Veterinary Nurse, due to our expanding hospital.
- Be able to provide a high level of nursing care in our busy hospital and a high level of surgical and anesthetic support in surgery.
- Experience in exotics is advantageous but not essential: however an interest to learn and work with exotic species is vital as this constitutes 50% of our work load.
- Minimum qualifications required for the position is either AIRC Cert IV, UK registered VN or equivalent.
- Willingness to undertake the Advanced Diploma in Exotic Veterinary Nursing from the UK.
Hong Kong is a vibrant Asian city; it is easy to get around and there is so much to do: a great night life, fabulous food, local culture, arts, beaches and beautiful natural countryside. Travel to China, Thailand and other exotic countries which are only a short trip away. Hong Kong is a safe city in the world to live, even with the recent government protests there has been very little disruption to normal life, or personal risk.
- We offer a higher salary than UK levels
- CPD is supported and actively encouraged
- The equivalent of 1-month annual leave and 12 days public holiday provided
- Visa and Work Permits will be supported, financial help given for relocation and accommodation provided for the first month
It's time to apply
If you are interested please click on the Apply Now button to send a letter of application indicating why you would like to come and work with us along with your CV. Closing date for applications 10th January 2020.
Here at Vet & Pet Jobs, our listings of Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Veterinary Technician jobs, Veterinary Hospital Manager jobs and Relief Vet Locum jobs in the UK and throughout England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland makes the process of Vet Job hunting fast and easy.
Before you know it, you’ll be starting a new job in an exciting Veterinary Hospital, Vet Clinic, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural or other Pet and Animal Care business, and it all starts with just one click.
And for Veterinary Hospitals, Vet Clinics, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and other Pet Care and Animal businesses, post your Job Campaign for Veterinarians, Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Technicians, Vet Hospital Managers, Agri Veterinarians, Pharma Veterinarians and other Pet and Animal Care roles and more. Find the best Veterinary professionals and build your team. Register and post your Job Campaign today.