Vet&Pet Jobs Editorial Guidelines
So you’re keen to write for Vet&Pet Jobs? Excellent…we’re keen to hear your idea BUT before you begin, let’s chat about the editorial guidelines that work best for our audience…
We accept written articles together with supporting images, infographics, SlideShare decks and YouTube and Vimeo hosted video. If you have something else that you would like to include then just ask and we will try to accommodate outside these editorial guidelines.
Our primary goal is to appeal to the needs of our viewers – primarily the age group is 25 to 49, and 75% are women, 25% men whose main language is English. They are well-educated, sophisticated, luxury oriented and savvy, both at home and at work. Generally they are successful, or on the pathway to success, but are seeking genuine answers to the conundrum we all face – how to gain the optimum balance between Work, Life and Play.
In an article the critical thing that we seek is answers – we like bold, decisive commentary. If you send us an outline, draft or article that talks about the perennial “7 Ways To Master Origami Whilst Desexing A Puppy” (yes, that old chestnut) – then we like to see sensible, well researched structure that in the end provides a definitive recommendation (maybe a couple if there are varying circumstances).
So, before you start slamming the keys on your next piece of digital brilliance, here are some more editorial guidelines…
- Actionable Outcomes – leap into the matter quickly, cover the subject in reasonable depth and give real, practical advice that can be implemented today or tomorrow, and that will deliver a positive outcome
- Quality – our viewers have told us, and the data reinforces this, that they will indeed read 5,000 words if the item is compelling, they also value short sharp lessons based on the real experience of the author
- Structure – think of a thesis summary page – compelling heading, sub-heading, intro, three to four sections, sub-sections if required, a summary and review and recommendations – and we love reference resources at the end…and a bio under 50 words is just fine
- Length – today, size is everything. Although the pure number of words is not our priority, anything under 1k is unlikely to make it live, and 1.5-2.5k is ideal…past 3k and you should start writing that book you are always talking about at dinner parties
- Links – yes, we know they are important – just don’t over cook the goose – one home page, one deep link and one or two supporting links to important references is the ideal balance…plus reference resources at the end
- Language – we don’t mean what you talk or write in (we only do English at the moment, both US and UK spelling is fine), but please be light on the f-bombs…we’re not complete prudes by any stretch of the imagination, and we have dropped a few f-bombs and got s-faced ourselves on occasion…but be judicious, not gross
- Opinions – we encourage them and we will do our best not to water them down editorially or play censor, but there will be times when we will say no to publishing extreme views
- No no no’s – no Adult, no Gambling, no illegal Drugs promotion, however we are open to rich discussion content where it adds value to our viewers
- Images and Video – as you will see from our own material, quality images and video are essential – if you can’t supply then we will add from our iStock library.
- Copyright – we will assume that you own the copyright to the materials that you submit and that you grant us usage rights
- Plagiarism – we run everything through copy checking screening software…if your material fails there are no second chances
If you’d like to pitch your idea, simply fill out our Contact Us form, give us a brief background and we’ll respond asap, and always by the next business day.
Together we will work out a live date. We want a draft at least 10 business days before it will go live in a shared online doc. We will make suggestions and give you time to make them. You send us the second draft. We’ll do a final polish and let you know when it is set to go live.
Looking forward to hearing your story.
Vet&Pet Jobs Team
About VET&PET Jobs Marketplace
Our vet jobs Campaigns reach across the complete range of veterinary jobs – Veterinarian jobs, Emergency Veterinarian jobs, Veterinary Nurse jobs, Locum Veterinarian jobs and many more. Browse by job type, state or city and click through to each Job Campaign for all the details plus each one has a quick video to help you drill down to the key elements in each veterinary job to help you decide on which ones to apply for.
Job Seekers can register and create daily or weekly Job Alerts to notify you when new career opportunities are posted. So, whether you are looking for veterinary jobs in Greater London or Birmingham or Edinburgh or Liverpool or Manchester and all points in between in the UK, as well as across all of Europe, you can find the best veterinary jobs for your next career step.
And for Veterinary Hospitals and Vet Clinics, you can find the best veterinary professionals – GP Veterinarians, Emergency Vets, Associate Vets, Vet Nurses and Relief Vets and Nurses – across the United Kingdom and Europe and build your team – register and post your Job Campaign today.
Looking farther afield? Then it’s time to explore Veterinary Jobs in the USA or our Veterinary Jobs in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.